Rules & Regulations
The Kuching Car Free Morning (20km) is open to all Malaysians and Foreigners aged 8 and above. Cyclists and non-motorized participants aged 8 to 15 years MUST ride/participate with an accompanying adult at all times if riding/participate solo.
- Cyclists are required to bring their own bicycle (any model) which should be in good riding condition, and cyclists are also required to bring their own safety gear (e.g. helmet & etc).
- Online Sign-Up form: Register at http://www.asiatourismalliance.com/kuching-car-free for FREE for cycling and non-motorized category. No email notification will be given. Please follow this event via our facebook page.The first 1000 participants who signed up via online sign-up form will have a chance to win attractive lucky draw prizes.
Cyclists and non-motorized participants are required to report themselves by presenting the personal IC at the Registration Counter near to the Start/Finish points from 5am to 6.45am. A lucky draw coupon will be given upon verification of the cyclist and non-motorized participants.
- Lucky Draw: The result will be announced at the outdoor stage at finishing line, at 10.00am. Cyclists/non-motorized participants shall keep the lucky draw coupon to claim the lucky draw prizes.
- The Organizer shall have the sole authority for the interpretation of the rules and regulations.
- Cyclists and all non-motorized participants must agree to abide by all rules and waivers as laid down in the Sign Up form.
On-The-Road Rules & Regulations
The organizers and participating partners and their employees, volunteers and assistants shall not be liable to any cyclist or other person claiming on behalf of a cyclist and non-motorized participants for damage to property, or any damages relating to personal injury or death caused before, during or after the Kuching Car Free Morning of whatsoever nature and however arising, including any damage to property, personal injury or death caused by the negligence of the organizers and participating partners and their employees, volunteers and assistants.
- Every cyclist shall ride carefully with due regard to the safety of other cyclists and other road users.
- Every cyclist shall wear a bicycle helmet with the strap securely fastened under his/her chin.
- Every cyclist and non-motorized participants shall comply with all road traffic regulations except under the following circumtances:
- 4.1 When it would be dangerous to do so;
- 4.2 When directed otherwise by a road marshal or traffic officer;
- 4.3 A cyclist and non-motorized participants shall stop at traffic lights and stop streets and yield at yield signs unless directed otherwise by a road marshal or traffic officer;
- 4.4 Cyclist may ride two or more abreast, provided they do not impede the flow of traffic reasonably.
Every cyclist shall immediately comply with the instructions of the road marshals and/or a traffic officer.
- Every cyclists and non-motorized participants shall not unnecessarily impede the flow of traffic.
- Cyclists are encouraged to complete the route before 9.30am.